Thursday, March 31, 2016

Recipe Swap: Taffeta & Tulips Meyer Lemon Cocktail

IMG_0073

I'm excited to share that today Kate, of Taffeta and Tulips, and I are doing a recipe swap featuring one of my favorite spring ingredients—Meyer lemons. Kate is one of my long-time blog friends and I couldn't be happier to be partnering with her again. Kate's effortless sense of style translates perfectly to her recipes which are always simple, elegant, and fresh, and her Meyer Lemon Cocktail recipe is no different. Enjoy Kate's delicious cocktail, and be sure to check out Taffeta & Tulips for my Spring Vegetable Tartine recipe.

Hello Dreams in HD readers! Today, I'm teaming up with Molly to bring you two different spring recipes using Meyer lemons. When I thought of someone I'd like to collaborate with on a spring food post, Molly was the first person who came to mind (you can find our very first recipe swap here). I read Molly's blog everyday for inspiration on interiors, recipes, fashion and travel and to scroll through her beautiful photographs (have you checked out her Etsty shop?). Molly's impeccable taste and effortless approach are just two of the reasons I tune into Dreams in HD everyday...oh, and did I mention she is so sweet? That too! So, without further adieu, let's talk about this delicious and refreshing Meyer lemon cocktail.

I chose this recipe to recreate because I thought it would be the ideal spring cocktail, especially for Easter (I made these for my mom's Easter dinner and they were a big hit). You may be wondering what's the difference between Meyer lemons and regular ones. Meyer lemons are smaller and rounder with a thin, deep orange/yellow skin and dark yellow pulp. They are also much sweeter than their traditional counterparts so their segments can be used in salads or desserts or in this case, a tasty cocktail! You might not find them at your regular supermarket (they're in season from December through May) but I had luck at Trader Joe's and I know Whole Foods and Fresh Market sell them as well. Here's the recipe:

Meyer Lemon Cocktail
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS
1/3 cup sugar
1 rosemary sprig
1 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice, chilled (about 8 lemons)
1/3 cup chilled vodka
2 cups chilled prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled

INSTRUCTIONS
Combine first 3 ingredients in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup. Microwave at high for 2 1/2 minutes; stir until sugar dissolves. Let stand 10 minutes; discard rosemary. Chill.

Combine sugar mixture, juice, vodka, and prosecco, stirring gently. Serve immediately.

IMG_0064IMG_0157IMG_0099

No comments:

Post a Comment