Monday, June 2, 2014

Travel :: Santhiya Resort & Spa, Thailand


My excitement about our trip to Thailand is bordering on insanity.  The fact we planned it nearly a year in advance makes it that much harder...I have already been shopping and planning like mad!  The part of the trip I might be most excited about is staying at the Santhiya Resort & Spa on the island of Koh Phangan, as we will have a private sea view villa with our own infinity pool {you can see pictures of it here}!  I have been taking a "virtual tour" of the hotel compulsively for the past month {see, I told you I'm insane!} and can't wait to watch the sun rising over the sea from bed and jump into the pool for an early morning swim.

It was almost impossible to choose our hotels in Thailand as we were open to any resort in the Gulf of Thailand and/or the Andaman Sea, but something about the Santhiya just stuck in the back of my mind.  I loved the authentic Thai decor, which is unique in the fact that most of the other hotels we looked at were much more contemporary and modern.  I loved how lush and tropical it seemed and the fact that it is an eco-resort.  I loved the fact we will be able to take day trips to some of Thailand's best scuba diving sites as well as the beautiful Angthong National Marine Park.  But mostly, I loved how romantic it looks!

In addition to the hotel's gorgeous location, I love that it is within walking distance of a little beach town filled with inexpensive massage parlors and authentic Thai restaurants.  While I will most definitely be eating quite a few meals at the resort and spending some time in the spa, I also want to make sure that we are able to venture out and explore.  I can't wait to be there!

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see your travel photos! I've been doing the same thing for our trip to Italy. Just flipping through hotel photos is so fun and I can't help but shop for the trip! Excuse for everything..."I need this for Italy"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly this looks amazing! I eagerly await your own photos, they're always so stunning!

    x Lily
    http://whilemyboyfriendsaway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. this is incredible, molly.
    you are going to have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Thailand someday, heard nothing but amazing things!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing before a trip & since this looks like heaven I totally understand why. Gorgeous photos - would love to be there right now!


    whatsarahknows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks like paradise!! I can imagine you are so excited to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just looks absolutely incredible Molly! How exciting!! The pool looks so beautiful, I don't think I'd be able to leave the hotel the entire time I was there! Looking forward to seeing all your photos from the trip! xxx
    Lucy @ la-lingua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing destination for vacation! I will wait for your photos from the trip.

    Margaret

    http://www.decordesireforbeauty.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like absolute paradise! Your own infinity pool??? What an amazing way to start your day...waking up to that incredible view and taking a refreshing dip. This will be an unforgettable experience!!


    www.taffetaandtulips.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing escape! I can't wait to see the pictures!

    http://liveitinerantly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm soooo insanely excited for you!! And a tad envious ;) Sure you don't want to pack me up in your suitcase? xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thailand is so amazing! You're going to have a fabulous time.
    www.lookathergo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're images are always so stunning. I've always wanted to go to Thailand and now more than ever! -xo www.lemondropchic

    ReplyDelete
  14. Christine DinsmoreJune 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM

    i would be unable to contain myself too. and to think this is just one of your stops! it's going to be such an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i know, it's a little crazy for me to process the fact that we are actually going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm so glad you liked it jessica!
    we are really, really excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm actually getting some new luggage so i actually might just be able to squeeze you in there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you kate, we are so so excited! neither of us have EVER stayed anywhere like it and i know that we will be spoiled when we return because of thailand's great prices :) it feels a bit like a honeymoon to tell you the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thank you margaret! you can bet i will take about 10,000 :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow this looks amazing. You are going to have so much fun. I don't know if I would be able to handle waiting all most a year to take a wonderful vacation like this.

    ReplyDelete