Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Recipe :: Winter Almond Bark


I am all for DIY's and recipes that require little work for exceptional results {see the super easy Mason Jar Snow Globes I posted about last week here}.  One of my absolute favorite sweets that my mom and I make every holiday season also happens to be one of the easiest recipes, ever -- Winter Bark.  I found the recipe in Martha Stewart Living in 2008 and it has quickly become a family tradition.  The combination of the sweet white chocolate with the bittersweet {or dark} chocolate and salty almonds {instead of peanuts} is simply perfect.  The trick is to use the best chocolate you can find.  It is absolutely gorgeous wrapped up in a pretty box as a gift, or on a favorite plate as a snack for house guests.  And, did I mention how easy it is?!  Seriously, if you like chocolate you have to try it!  Recipe below:

Winter Almond Bark

8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
12 ounces bittersweet {or dark} chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups salted, roasted almonds 

Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
 
Melt bittersweet {or dark} chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds. 

Spread chocolate almond mixture on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.  Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate on top, and swirl chocolates with a skewer. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Break bark into large pieces. Bark will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.  Enjoy!

21 comments:

  1. This sounds (and looks!) delicious - and so easy to make! I've been looking for a simple recipe like this, so I can prepare little goodie bags for my friends as little presents. Recipe saved, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh I can't wait for you to make this next week! so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, yum!! this is so easy, too! i love almonds and chocolate together. better than peppermint bark in my opinion (the white chocolate kind, anyway) thanks for posting this :)

    -amber
    http://thesiblingrivalries.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my lanta I have to try this!!!! Looks like heaven!! Thanks for sharing girl!

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad it was helpful for you! it makes a really lovely gift and the recipe is sooo easy to double {or triple}.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sure thing! and ps you crack me up, i have never heard "oh my lanta" before and i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally agree! i love the sweet and savory combination...gets me every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum! This sounds scrumptious right about now!!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bark looks delicious! I like to add in pretzels as well to my chocolate barks for that salty sweet combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy yum! thanks for sharing--cute blog btw!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum! I need to give this a try! We can't have peanuts in our home and I'm always looking for alternatives...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at white chocolate! Looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol i know, i love white chocolate...especially paired with dark chocolate to balance out the sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'd love to hear what you think! i made it with peanuts once and honestly it is way better with almonds anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for stopping by erika! i love hearing from you and love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh quyen that sounds fantastic! i think i might have to add pretzels in my bark this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tonight pistachio sables, tomorrow almond bark!!!!

    ReplyDelete