Monday, February 18, 2013

Hawaiian Holiday

Aloha!  How was your weekend?  Mine was just lovely - my boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Chicago on Friday to celebrate Valentine's Day, Saturday was spent with my step-sister and her boyfriend who came to Indianapolis to visit, and Sunday was basically just spent in anticipation of the season finale of "Downton Abbey" {which was absolutely devastating!!}.

I always find the time from mid-February to the end of March to be the slowest and dreariest of the year.  Winter has been in full force for months now, and with Valentine's Day over there isn't much to look forward to  other than what seems like the never ending wait until spring.  During this period, I always seem to spend a large amount of my time daydreaming about being on a beach somewhere -- ideally in Hawaii.  

A few years ago my family and I took a trip to the beautiful Hawaiian island of Kauai and stayed at the absolutely fabulous Grand Hyatt Kauai.  The lush island was used to film "Jurassic Park," and at times as we were driving through the dense canopy of trees I felt as though we might see a Tyrannosaurus Rex run out in front of our car.  Our days were spent exploring the island, lounging and picnicking on the gorgeous beaches {one of which was used to film the opening of "Gilligan's Island"}, listening to music played on the ukulele, feasting on an abundance of fresh fruit, swimming in our hotel's fresh water lagoon, and above all relaxing.  I ventured to the hotel spa for a day which has since become "my happy place" {they had open-air showers carved out of black igneous rock, covered in green vines and pink flowers, and when you looked up the only thing you saw was the bright blue Hawaiian sky - it was heaven}.  

Some photos from my trip are below, hope this warms up your Monday morning!
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I would love to run away there right this minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this looks heavenly!! i would give anything to be warm and there right now... bet it was a blast!

    http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was absolutely amazing...and i hear you on wanting to be somewhere warm right now. it's absolutely freezing in the midwest!

      Delete
  3. Oh my god,Hawaiii.....very very nice!
    what are think about my blog?Take a look here https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pie-Hole/340193896063820 or here:http://s-thepiehole.blogspot.it/ and if you like it,follow it please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard the finale was terrible... I haven't seen it but it was a tough season for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these images are gorgeous! beautiful post .

    xo Meg

    http://meghansilva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this place looks like paradise.... I would love love love to go to Hawaii one day! Unfortunately it would mean an enormous trip for me and my husband, as we live in London! Nothing to brighten up your day than looking at your holiday photos, reminiscing about the good times... I was looking at my honeymoon photos on my way home from work last night and ended up smiling to myself on a train! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hawaii is amazing, but oh my goodness that is soo far from london! even from the eastern part of the US the trip was pretty tough...the only solace was that we were able to spend 10 days in paradise. but you do live in london which is one of my favorite cities ever :)

      i completely agree with you about looking through old holiday photos, i must go through mine from my most recent trips to europe weekly!

      Delete
  7. Jealous! These photos don't even look real!

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete