Friday, December 21, 2012

The Magic of Snow

Today we were blessed with our first snow of the season.  While it was barely a dusting, it was just enough to add that much needed element of holiday cheer we had all been hoping for.  I was so excited, I actually woke up in the middle of the night to look out the window and see if it was snowing.  It is such a wonderful feeling gazing out onto a quiet street at night and watching the snow fall in the soft glow radiating from the street lamps.  

I have always loved snow - the way it adds a beautiful white shimmer to all it touches and seems to make the whole world stop, just for a moment, in a quiet and tranquil wonderland.  I remember being a little girl and my mom waking me up, bundling me up in my winter jacket, and pulling me on a sled through the streets of our sleepy town.  Still as an adult, the early morning walks through the fresh snow {where the only footprints you see are those of forest creatures} truly feel like magic.  

Wishing you peace and snow during this holiday season!

Image via

1 comment:

  1. Snow,snow, snow,snow!!!
    I want to wash my hands, my face, my hair in snow!

    ReplyDelete